Thursday, May 12, 2011

Brimfield Antique Market here we come!




I'm SUPER, ULTRA estatic about this coming weekend because my husband and I are going on a roadtrip - destination……Brimfield Antique Market! It's THE largest outdoor antique show in the world, held three times each year in Brimfield, MA. It attracts thousands of dealers so imagine just how massive this market is! We attended last year in September for the first time and were blown away. We were so glad we decided to stay the night because it was definitely going to take more than one day to cover everything.

In the end, we came away with some great finds: 2 pairs of antique boxing gloves, teardrop wooden mid century shelf, mid century ottoman, child rocking chair, textiles, samsonite train case and a few other nick nacks. I'll provide pics of those items on my next post. My husband, who has recently learned to appreciate antiques, was so impressed that he declared that we must return to their next show and come prepared with lots more loot and a solid wishlist.

My wishlist:

  • Mid century wall shelves
  • Entertainment unit - mid century style
  • Lounge chair for our bedroom
  • Rotary Phone
  • World globes
  • Chalkboard
  • Kokeshi dolls
  • Wooden toys
  • Lamps (for both bedroom & living room)
  • Wall décor
  • Doll crib & highchair
  • Wooden box/crate

And of course, whatever else catches my eye (and fits in our SUV!)

No comments:

Post a Comment