Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Spy....Rainbow of Rotaries



Like most toddlers, my 2 year old daughter loves to 'talk' on a phone….or box of crayon or the remote control. Her conversations are long and animated, full of wild hand gestures and facial features and while so fascinating to watch, it actually leaves me feeling quite self-conscience as I realize she's mirroring many of my own movements. Thanks for that, Little A...

So on the subject on phones, I thought how much she would enjoy a good ol' fashion rotary dial phone to continue her conversations in. Maybe this way I'll get my smartphone back? So on the hunt I went to Etsy and Ebay to see if I could find one in a gnarly color like red, orange or blue but to my dismay, I found that people are not paying you to take them off their hands?? After all, rotary phones have no redial buttons - it doesn't even show you the numbers as you're dialing, BUT most importantly, Lady Gaga doesn't inform you your husband's calling! They're commanding a pretty penny at $45-65 not including shipping which is pricey considering how heavy these suckers are! And so for its intended use, I can't see myself paying that much dinero for one. But just look at all the yummy rainbow colors! Their delicious retro vintage appeal moves me to say: I must have one and I will search to the ends of the internet (those who know me, can testify to this true statement) to find the perfect one at the perfect price!

No comments:

Post a Comment